Monday 8 April 2019

Financial Numeracy Program

For numeracy we have been trying out the financial literacy program. I personally love this program!
At the start of the programme you get a sheet you have to fill out about what you want to have when your 40 (kids, pets, cars, love life).  This then is your base for the whole programme. After that you get an income card (very important).  On this it tells you if you get a salary or wages.  You have to calculate your weekly income and your tax using the information on this card.  Everyone earns different money. I got barely any money. Every week you get paid then you have to pay your tax and your mortgage or rent.  You also get a fortune card that might say, your kids want new shoes or that you want more clothes which is bills you have to pay.  10% of the fortune cards give you money the rest make you pay. At the end of the month you have to pay sky, internet and electricity like that. We keep a running balance sheet for the month. There is much more to the program than what I have said, it would of taken 6 years to write it all down.  At the end of all of this stressful time I was $575.03 in debt, so I had to take that money out of my savings so now I only have $1424.97 in my saving.  We are going to start another month of budgeting next term.  Hopefully I can earn more money than I spend.

Here are some images of my work
 This is my start paper.


This is my finance paper.

Thank you for reading๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.