Tuesday 19 March 2019

Brunner Mine Trip

Yesterday we went to Brunner Mine Site.  We went with the whole class as we were trying to learn more about the story and the setting of where the book called The Mines Afire is set.  You should read this book, it is very interesting.

When we were there we got to see the coke ovens I didn't know that they use to mine coke too. We could also smell the sulphur and gas coming out of the mine (it was very gross).

I learned so much from the nice people who taught us about what happened there a long time ago. I found it so hard to believe that there used to be whole town in the spot where I was standing and it felt weird to think about it. Also it is still New Zealand's worst mine disaster to this day.

My favourite part of the day was the costumes and learning so much.

I think that everyone should come here a have a walk around the track and it is a good spot for a swim as well.

Here is some photos of the class...

Thank you for reading 👏😁🐭



2 comments:

  1. That sounds like you and a fun and cool time nice time.














    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was very fun you should go there, Thank you for commenting on my blog post.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.