Tuesday 12 March 2019

The Mines Afire Cover Prediction

Kia Ora,
Today we got some questions to answer about the book called The Mines Afire, all we got to know is the cover a the blurb. On Monday we are going on a school trip to where the fire actually happened in Brunnerton that is not to far away from our school.  I am really looking forward to going there and learning a lot more about it what happend. I will make another blog post when I get back from the trip so I can show you a bit more about what I have learnt about the mine.  

If you don't know much about Brunnerton I can tell you a bit that I know now. 
There was a big fire in Brunnerton Mine in 1896 and about 62 people died in that mine, everybody that was working that day died. The youngest person to die was only 16!!! witch is very sad, the oldest person was about 72 years old. Brunnerton it the worst coal mine accident still in New Zealand to this day!!!!!




Thank you for reading 😁😁😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.