Friday 16 November 2018

West Coast Athletics

On Wednesday me and 35 other Grey Mainers (Grey Main School kids) went to the West Coast athletics at Anzac Park. First we had to walk all the way down to the park then we had to sit in our age groups. I was in the thousand metre race and it was ONLY 3 RACES AWAY. At this point I was freaking out. The year five girls went, then the boys went, then it was finally year 6 girls turn... I felt like I was going to pass out.  I slowly walk up to the line shaking with fear, I don't actually know why I was so scared. BANG!!!!  The gun went off and we went. On the last lap I was trying to overtake this girl and she was elbowing me and I may or may not of elbowed her back, over all I came 3rd. Next we had to do long jump and I am not going to say much, But it was very very bad. Last I had the sprints 50m and 80m and I won both of them. This means that I have qualified to go to Canterbury for them.

Overall it was a very exciting and tiring day and I cant wait to go to do West Coast Athletics next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.