Thursday 30 August 2018

Writing (Girl and Giraffe)

WALT: Write an interesting sentences to describe

Another thing we did for writing this week was to describe and make a story from a photo. I chose to write a narrative and include my descriptive sentences in the story. 

I think I had a good hook to get the audience interested in reading my writing. My next learning step is to use simile and metaphor to describe.

How many adjectives can you find in my writing?

resource image

It needed to happen. He couldn’t take it anymore. He needed to go home. I had had him every day since I can remember.

I love him but he is getting too big for the house. You can’t replace a dude like him, with his big black eyes, black spots, long legs, and his ratty tail, that can’t be forgotten. My mum said I had to him take home I told her he was home with me. Me and him both knew we would never see each other again. I had to walk him down to his habitat my mum had no car. Taking him home was the worst thing that ever happened to me. The grass wet and cold I packed him a blanket so he would remember my smell. We walked and walked to where supposedly his family was living on the way. I told him stories of what it would be like with his family, it was almost like he was listening to me. After a while we found his mother and father eating leaves. When we first seen them, his eyes widened. I took off his lead and let him go. I was bawling! I knew I would miss him but it was the right thing to do.

Thank you for reading my blog 😀

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Adison, Awesome blog post!
    I like the way you have added a lot about your writing task, maybe next time you could write more about the girl and why you should get rid of the giraffe except that he is getting to big for the house. We also did descriptive writing using adjectives last term.
    Good job!
    Kind Regards Aniya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Aniya
    Thank you for commenting on my blog. Next time I will try to add some more reasoning on why things happen.
    Thanks a lot for the feedback Adison

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.